You can join by picking an application up in the S.A.F.E. Office, located in Room 111 of Sand Spring Hall (the red building located next to Chesapeake Dining Hall). Ask anyone in there for an application and they'd be happy to assist you. Just turn it back into the S.A.F.E Office, or if you'd rather do the application online, that's fine too! Just download the document by clicking here and e-mail them to our Recruitment Chair, Francis Hebb, at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll take care of you. But please be sure to read this page in FULL before submitting an application!
After your application is received it will be reviewed and an interview will be arranged with you and a few members of our Leadership Team that make up our Interview Committee. The interview will be arranged to whenever best fits your schedule during the day and it will take place in Sand Spring Hall.
Interviews are a great opportunity for you to meet members of the Leadership Team and ask any questions you have about joining. We'll ask you a few questions and that'll be all! We will get back to you on the status of your potential membership following review of your interview and application with the rest of the Leadership Team. You will most likely be notified no later than the following Tuesday Evening of your interview.
Before applying, please be cognizant that we expect certain things from our new members. Some include:
- Go through a 12 hour long Peer Educator Certification process (typically done in 2-3 sessions) within your first year of membership.
- A passing score on the Certified Peer Educator exam.
- Minimum of 3 hours a week participation
- Attending General Body meetings
- Completion and turning in of a Monthly Time Sheet of work done throughout that time frame.
- Be willing to take healthy risks.
- Understanding that your personal actions reflect upon the organization.
- Checking your FSU e-mail daily
- Be willing and excited to learn more about Wellness (topics include: Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs, Sexual Wellness, Nutrition and more!)
If you have any questions feel free to stop by the S.A.F.E. Office and talk to someone about it, or if you'd rather e-mail our Recruitment Chair, Francis Hebb, his e-mail is email@example.com, and again, he'll take care of you.
Applications for the FYI Program (First Year Initiative - For entering freshmen), and the general BURG application can be found under the downloadable documents page.